Electroded polymer substrate with embedded wires for an electronic display
Patent No. 8,089,434
Issued: January 3, 2012
Inventor: Chad Moore, Giacomo Piazza
A sheet in an electronic display is composed of a substrate containing an array of wire electrodes. The wire electrodes are preferably electrically connected to patterned transparent conductive electrode lines. The wire electrodes are used to carry the bulk of the current. The wire electrodes are capable of being extended away from the substrate and connected directly to the printed circuit board. The transparent conductive electrode (TCE) is used to spread the charge or voltage from the wire electrode across the pixel. It is a patterned film and must be at least 50% transparent, and, for most applications, is preferably over 90% transparent. In most display applications, the electroded surface of the electroded sheet has to be flattened. Use of a thin polymer substrate yields a light, flexible, rugged sheet that may be curved, bent or rolled.
Reference to Related Applications
This application claims an invention that was disclosed in one or more of the following provisional applications:
1) Provisional Application No. Provisional Application No. 60/749,446, filed Dec. 12, 2005, entitled "ELECTRODE ADDRESSING PLANE IN AN ELECTRONIC DISPLAY";
2) Provisional Application No. 60/759,704, filed Jan. 18, 2006, entitled "ELECTRODE ADDRESSING PLANE IN AN ELECTRONIC DISPLAY AND PROCESS";
3) Provisional Application No. 60/827,146, filed Sep. 27, 2006, entitled "TUBULAR PLASMA DISPLAY";
4) Provisional Application No. 60/827,152, filed Sep. 27, 2006, entitled "ELECTRODED SHEET"; and
5) Provisional Application No. 60/827,170, filed Sep. 27, 2006, entitled "WIRE-BASED FLAT PANEL DISPLAYS".
The benefit under 35 USC .sctn.119(e) of the United States provisional applications is hereby claimed, and the aforementioned applications are hereby incorporated herein by reference.
Go Back for more representative patents.
Home || Intellectual Property || Patents || Trademarks || Copyrights
Brown & Michaels, PC
400 M & T Bank Building
118 North Tioga Street - The Commons
Ithaca, NY 14850
Phone: (607) 256-2000 · Fax: (607) 256-3628
© 2012 Brown & Michaels PC